What I really like about ServiceNow
All in good time
2003… Luddy builds highly-configurable workflow SaaS.
‘The market's response: "Meh."’ (Luddy)
So he gives them a great ITSM tool which they love.
>2013... Now they’re getting a highly configurable workflow SaaS,
And they love it even more!
It’s not about processes, it’s about people.
Use AI (call it Predictive Analytics) to hyper-optimise the effectiveness of people.
Agile & Integrations
Forbes: ‘In pivoting, Luddy and Donahoe are competing with a more agile group, which includes Salesforce, Microsoft, IBM and Workday.
ServiceNow's sole advantage: the ability to upsell, leveraging its IT-service dominance to layer on related products.’
My low-code History
20 years ago….
Developed a Flash Action Script - XML engine to dynamically create learning objects from a CMS.
15 years ago….
10 years ago...
AppShed, fully customisable App Engine, allowing real-time app-store updates of content and code - no app store re-publish needed.
5 years ago...
IoT Builder, “microprocessor agnostic, device agnostic” no-code/low-code IoT rapid prototyping platform.
Game Maker, Low-code game building platform… with IoT integration.
Safe Space: Health & safety productivity app for Mobile Network Operators (using Zoho)
- Could you describe my typical week?
- Who do I report to? Who will be in my team?
- Why is it called “Glide”?
- What would I need to achieve in the first 6 months for you to say: ‘That’s remarkable’?
- Room for creativity? Engagement with Product teams? Career growth opportunities?
One surprising thing:
- Knowledge 2019 is making a big deal of the new native apps.
It is 2019 people!