AppCar is the easiest way to create your first robot.
Control your AppCar using an AppShed app.
Code your own auto-pilot programs.
How does it work?
- Assemble the parts
- Connect the wires
- Drive the robot using an AppShed app
- Write your own auto-pilot programs
Is it easy to set up?
- AppCar is for Everybody
- No prior experience of electronics is required
- No soldering or complicated setup
What will I learn using AppCar?
(Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths)
- Basic Electronics
- Motor Control & Calibration
- Design Technology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
How to control electronics from an app
- Simple directional control
- Advanced auto-pilot programs
- Integration with AppShed features
A detailed Setup Guide is available for all EDU Schools
Simple programming using "Turtle Logo" language
A variety of Extensions Projects will be available for schools very soon
How do I get an AppCar Kit?
- New EDU Accounts receive 1 free AppCar Kit when signing up*
- Existing EDU Schools can pre-order kits today
- Kits will be available for general sale in the near future (register your interest today)
* Limited offer
- AppCar Starter Kit - £29 (excl VAT)
- 1 x FREE Kit for new EDU Accounts (Apply below)
- Bulk discounts available (Apply below)
(AppCar is currently only available to AppShed EDU Schools.)
Under the Hood
- AppCar uses a NodeMCU micro-controller, based on the ESP8266 chip.
- The MCU is pre-pgrogrammed with an Arduino sketch so that it works out-the-box.
- Advanced users can control every input and output, modifying the robot to carry out a great variety of tasks.
- NodeMCU is a true IoT device, and AppCar can be controlled over WiFi from any location in the world.
- AppCar makes use of aREST.io, a cross-platform API for Arduino, ESP8266, RaspberryPi and many other devices.