Minecraft 2D Game
- Duration: 8 hours (8 Lessons)
- Difficulty: Beginner
Build your own Minecraft 2D Game
Build it yourself
You know how to mine. You know how to craft. You know how to build houses.
But now you can actually build your own Minecraft GAME, from scratch. You will build everything that makes the game work: digging, moving, jumping. You will create the worlds, and the blocks. You will be the inventor of your own Minecraft game!
Play on any device
You can play your game on any device: phones, tablets, PCs. And share your game with anyone, just send them the link.
You don’t need any special skills to do this course. Everything is covered in the tutorials and you will learn all the skills as you go along. Once you complete this course you will gain skills to do more advanced game development, even coding!
Get started today and become a Game Making Pro.
Try it out
Open the demo app: https://appshed.com/appbuilder/preview/minecraftmodules
or scan the QR code below.
To start this course, follow these steps:
- Log in to your AppShed EDU account.
- Open AppShed Academy.
- Category: Game Making
- Course: Minecraft 2D
This course has been designed for classroom teaching.
- Resource pack
(Containing images, PDF tutorial)
- Step-by-step instructions
(Designed for beginners, with each step building on the previous one)
(Start each lesson from a template so that all learners have the same foundation)
Learn Game Maker by building Minecraft
- This course teaches all the main functionality of AppShed Game Maker
- Learn about Object, Sprites, Events, Groups, Functions and more
- Start with the basics, and take it further
Game Maker is a powerful platform unlocking creativity and experimentation. Building a game motivates learners to take it further and master new skills.
What will you learn
You will learn a variety of skills during this course. The main “computing” skills you will learn are:
Some of these might sound very complicated, but you will see how easy it is to do this in AppShed’s Game Maker.
- This course takes you step-by-step through the different stages of building a game.
- Each step builds on what you did before.
- We are careful not to miss any steps or progress too quickly, so that you never feel left behind.
- As you gain confidence you will be able to progress through some of the steps more quickly as your knowledge increases.
Help for EDU Teachers
- Master Class for EDU Accounts
If your school has an EDU subscription, you are eligilbe to receive a Master Class covering all aspects of this course.
- Browse the Game Maker Developer Docs
- Search AppShed Support
- Raise a Support Case (EDU Accounts only)